About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
Born and raised in Germany, I believe the love for beer came to me naturally. I moved to the US in 2004 and I am really enjoying life here. You can take the girl out of Germany, but you can't take Germany out of the girl....I do miss it sometimes, but still go back at least once a year to visit my family in friends in Hamburg. I fell in love with the local CO craft brewery scene that has grown immensely over the last few years. I love the whole craft beer culture. Easy going, just like me, ha! I hope you enjoy following me as I make my way through the craft beer scene - one brew at a time (or probably a few more than that).

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Renegade Brewing Company

 
This is one of the breweries we pay a visit to quite frequently. Located on 925 West 9th Avenue in the Santa Fe Arts district, it is a perfect destination for a bike ride from my house (that soon will become too chilly to do). It helps that the place has a great atmosphere. This is where you want to meet up with some friends to have a good (after a few beers even philosophical) conversation, or play one of the many board games that they have sitting out. I personally always appreciate a brewery without any big screen TVs that has one (or 4) of the games blaring. This is where you want to come to actually interact with people and possibly even make some new friends. The space is a beautiful, modern looking warehouse, that was a automotive garage at some point. The large garage door and additional windows in the front let a lot of natural light in. The bar is made from beautiful tan, amber and dark wood that matches the bar tabs and is almost a reflection of the various beers Renegade serves. 


Today I tried the one that I have never had before; the brand new 'Cherub Rock', named after a great rock tune by the Smashing Pumpkins from the early 1990s. (My god, I feel old...I grew up with this album.)


The band name gives it away, it is a delicious pumpkin porter! The color is dark auburn and overall cloudy with great flavor and spice. It has good balance, even though it is slightly on the bitter side (in a good way). Not too rich and not too sweet. It was 7% ABV and 40 mellow IBUs.

Another great thing about this brewery is the staff. They have all almost been there since Renegade open its garage door in the summer of 2011. They are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Meet (from the left) Cassie, Keith & Laura

 
 
 
Another one of their beers that I truly adore, is the 'Una Mas'. The best pepper-infused beer I've had to date (and I've had a few unbearable ones before!). It is so smooth and mellow with a hint of roasted poblano peppers - just the right amount. The thought of drinking a pepper beer might scare you away, but be brave and try this one! I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's an easy drinker at 6% and only 18 IBUs. One day, I'd like to make a killer chili with this one...I imagine it being perfect for that!



I'd really  recommend a trip to Renegade. Belly up to the bar and have a flight of their small tasters. The best way to find your own favorite brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment